Turning on subtitles varies slightly depending on how you are watching videos.
Note that subtitles may not be available on all videos so if you don't see the options described below, it's because there are no subtitles for that video. Conversely, if you see subtitles and do not have the option to turn them off, that's because they are part of the video itself and cannot be disabled.
There may also be instances where subtitles are available on some of the below devices but not AppleTV; this is due to an incompatibility with our player on AppleTV when the content is protected.
Computer / Desktop Browser
- Go the content's video page via your Library.
- Select the CC icon in the lower right corner of the player and choose a language.
iOS & Android App
Tap the subtitles icon in the upper right corner of the player and select the language of choice.
- Load the video.
- Swipe down on the touch surface on your remote.
- If available, the subtitle option will appear and a list of the subtitles available will appear below it.
- Select the subtitle option.
- Press the Home button on Roku remote.
- Scroll to the Settings option and select.
- Scroll to the Accessibility option and select.
- Select Captions Mode and select your preferred subtitle mode.
Amazon Fire Devices
- Select a video to watch and start playback
- Press the Down option twice to get to CC
- Select CC and Turn Subtitles On
- Press the back button to go back to the video
If a video has subtitles, you have the option to download the subtitle file yourself:
- Visit the video page via the Browse page.
- Open the Subtitle Downloads dropdown menu.
- Select which language you want to download and the SRT will begin downloading to your computer.
- You can then use a video player to playback the subtitle file with the downloaded video file.