If you want to watch a video when you aren't connected to Wi-Fi or a cell network, you can choose to sync (download) videos to your Android device using the TBN app. This is a great tool when watching on an airplane or other places without a Wi-Fi.
- Download and open the TBN app on your Android device.
- Navigate to the video you want to sync/download within the app.
- On the video of your choice, tap the offline sync button to start downloading the video or videos to your device.
- Once the video is complete, you are free to disconnect from Wi-Fi or network.
- You can watch or delete your synced videos by clicking the menu button, and then OFFLINE VIDEOS. Click the X button to remove the video from your device.
- Please note: downloading an HD file (if available) will use more space on your device than an SD file.
Duration of video availability offline
DRM impacts how long a video can remain available offline in the app without an internet connection. Currently, when offline, you have 30 days to start playback; you then have 48 hours to finish playback once it has started before you need to reconnect to the internet to obtain a new license if the content has DRM. Offline access to non-DRM content does not expire. It's not possible to redirect storage to an external device for security reasons, so the video can only be viewed from within the app.