If you want to watch a video when you aren't connected to Wi-Fi or a cell network, you can choose to sync (download) videos to your iPhone or iPad using the TBN app. This is great for watching on flights or when no internet connection is available.
- Download and open the TBN app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Navigate to the video you want to sync/download within the app.
- On the video of your choice, tap the offline sync button to start downloading the video or videos to your device.
- Once the video is complete, you are free to disconnect from your Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- You can watch or delete your synced videos by clicking the Menu button, and then OFFLINE VIDEOS. Tap the X button to remove the video from your device.
- Please note: downloading an HD file (if available) will use more space on your device than an SD file.
Duration of video availability offline
DRM impacts how long a video remains available offline in the app without an internet connection. Currently, when offline, you have 30 days to start playback; you then have 48 hours to finish playback once it has started before you need to reconnect to the internet to obtain a new license if the content has DRM. Offline access to non-DRM content does not expire. It's not possible to redirect storage to an external device for security reasons, so the video can only be viewed from within the app.